hi

hi

Monday, July 12, 2010

for the first time in three years

95% of my stuff is now resting in a 4x7 area in the Pearl District. The other 5% is bedding, and some miscellaneous stuff that is still here. Tomorrow I'll make a couple trips back and forth with the rest of it. The mirror and stand got left behind (I didn't make it obvious enough to be moved) and the three bulb lamp as well. The lamp isn't that important, but I think I have a good spot for the mirror. Well, actually it takes up a lot of space and the stand is quite heavy and there are a few mirrors in the new place. Maybe I should just leave it. Quit fussing.

Went to bed at 4:30, woke up at 9:30 to Katie playing loud music (also: she leaves for a week and the energy bill drops significantly, I'm gone a month and the bill is the highest it has ever been. Wasteful!). Got up, had some oatmeal and tea, went to Safeway to get some beverages for after moving and picked up an energy drink. Which ended up being WAY too much energy. I was bouncing off the walls and had a hard time focusing.

BT and Karen came at noon. We went to the Uhaul place. I said the wrong type of truck and for a second worried when he said they didn't have it, but a quick review of the registration number and all was righted! I was too anxious about driving in the city so BT drove the truck. Phil was waiting for us upon our return, and Daniel W. showed up not short after. BT and I hauled stuff down, the rest hauled stuff into the hallway outside the elevator. Book shelves, dresser, cabinet...it went in. Boxes, boxes, boxes...the truck filled up and there was more to go. So we started the process of going from Goose to storage. BT, Phil, and I went to the storage place. I signed in and we got some flatbed rolling thingies, and started loaning.

I just want to say that Phil is the master at the game of 3D tetris that is storage organization. He was amazing and putting this and that here and there. Things stacked high as could be, against the wall, and even though it kept coming it didn't seem as overwhelming as my room. Of course, I couldn't stack stuff braced against the wall here, like I could in the unit.

Anyway, the truck unloaded fast and that went back to the Goose and Karen's car backed in and unloaded fast. The truck returned not soon after. Truly the longest part was getting it out of the apartment and into the truck.

BT, Karen, and I went to return the truck. Had I known that all I had to do was leave the keys and dolly in the office because the guy had left (the gas station attendant was watching it) then I could have just left Karen and BT to do the drop off and helped Daniel and Phil.

The storage unit was full up at 3:15. We returned at 3:30. I locked it up. Got back to the Goose at 3:45. BT left for his shift at IPRC, Daniel went to order a large pizza, Karen, Phil and I brought down refreshments to the courtyard at the Goose. I went and picked up and paid for the pizza. Then we all sad about relaxing in the shade, eating pizza. WHOO!!!! I can't believe that moving itself took two and a half hours. I was worried we would be pressed for time because the storage place closes at 4 on Sunday.

Mel, Melissa, and Cidney even stopped by the courtyard for some brief chilling and chatting. Daniel left, Karen drove away, MM&C left, Phil left. I relaxed, and then remembered I still owed BT some snackums for today's efforts. I even made a stop at Cupcake Jones, because he deserved a special treat for driving. So we sat at IPRC (Independent Publishing Resource Center) and ate cupcakes and he had the last slice of pizza, and it was really nice. We parted ways after that.

Went back to the apartment. Contacted Mel to see what was shaking. Met the three of them at Mazatlan, but that place is wicked expensive so I didn't order. Played some video games at their place. Cidney, Mel and I caught the Max downtown and went to Ground Kontrol. On the way there we ran into BT as he was entering his studio. We three played some pinball, drank some beer, played Simpsons, and practiced flipping our hair about. Walked back to their apartment, grabbed my bike.

And now after a long day, I am back in my mostly empty room that has a filthy, filthy floor. Need to transport stuff to the storage unit. Borrow a vacuum. Clean the bejeezus out of the apartment.

Katie has gone camping so I guess I won't be seeing her again.

No comments: