hi

hi

Friday, May 21, 2010

nugget of love

Actually did something today!

Got up bright and early at 9:30 to go to Pulali with mom and her buddy Deanne. I packed a little heavy because there was the possibility I might stay an extra night with Celia.

It was a nice ride over. Read bits of Sister Wendy’s 1000 Masterpieces. What an adorable little art loving nun she is. We three stopped for snacks and candy at the Quilcine general store. I got Gobstoppers, Nerds, Now & Laters, and sunflower seeds.

It was windy and cold at Pulali. Right after arriving, I went to Celia’s to borrow some socks. She got her swimsuits from Zappos. Nice looking suits. Totally flattering. Borrowed wooly socks and a nice tank that provided a surprisingly warm layer. So bloomin’ cold and windy. Not fun at all. Where is summer? I had all these delusions of swimsuits and swimming. Not happening.

Nice to see Celia. Been so long. The cabin is looking awesome and her garden is coming along.

Saw auntie Kirie and Uncle Mark as well. Caught up over tea. It was nice to talk about the stresses of this semester with two aunts who have been there. It has been really rough and I’ve been trucking along pretty well. The trials of these past couple months have really enabled me to appreciate the wonderful friends and support base that I have. I’ve never felt less alone in my life.

Anyway. After Kirie’s I went out with Ma and Deanne. We went to Whitney’s Nursery. Checked out the rhododendrons and the plants. Mom picked out a couple and bought some soil. We visited Grandma and Grandpa Pedersen’s gravestone, which has a garden planted on top of it. The soil was added to the plants mom has planted. It is a nice graveyard. Small, with lots of random decorations and plants.

The Bunnell gravesites caught our eye.

Next was a minihike to the Rocky Something Waterfall. Really beautiful.

Returning home I took a long long nap. Just got really tired. I don’t have the energy that I used to.

Upon waking, I found it was dinner time! Celia brought over rice and chicken, and we also had chicken. And a wide assortment of vegetables, like corn and a medley of stuff, and this steamed green thing. Such a lovely healthy meal to get totally stuffed on. And Celia made cookies! Her basmati rice was perfection.

After dinner, we looked through this Brinnon history book to find out about the Bunnell’s. There were tons of interesting people in the book. One daughter was named Nugget Bell, not a Bunnell girl, just an interesting name. There were tales of Ma Hjelvik and various shenanigans. It wasn’t the best written of books, but dang there is a lot of history.

We settled in for some Uno and PBS. We caught the last fifteen minutes of Doc Martin and a choppy signal episode of Poirot. Good ol’ Belgian detective. So smart. And now it is time to lounge in bed, read a little, and get up bright and early. The weather is no good, so I’m not staying an extra night. I’ll be back.

No comments: