hi

hi

Friday, October 2, 2009

without your golden parachute

It was one of those mornings where at first you have 20 minutes and then you have 2. Still I got to school right on time.

The whole class was devoted to working on the three portraits. We met Martin in private for our first stage reviews. I almost preferred it like that. Just solid critique and direction. My first Warhol was black and white only, my second was marker, and my third was watercolor. I had to buy a bristol pad for the assignment, and since they had one in stock, I treated myself to a water brush. It's a brush with a plastic handle that you squeeze and makes the brush wet. No dipping into water. Better for painting on the go.

Everyone in the class had really top notch portraits. Only two people doubled over with their subject choice (Beth and Cassie both picked Sylvia Plath). I peeked at the other classes pile. I was the only one to pick Warhol from both classes. Danny's Noguchi was brilliant. Madeline's Kafka was endearing. I think Danny said it best when he remarked how all this assignment proves is just to do a lot of work. 5 hours and we produced three wonderful portraits. The day before? Nada.

My meeting with Martin went well. He complimented the amount of thought that I had about the Trobriander imagery. The Amish didn't really apply, but that's okay. I like the Trobriander imagery.

Finished the other half of my burrito for lunch. Talked to the Robopocalypse crew a little bit (well the remaining PNCA members).

After class I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some microwave meals for next week. I forgot my thermos in my bike cup holder. I didn't notice it was gone till I got home. Oh well. It came from Ikea, not like I was really attached to it. Now I have to do the mug + hot water from school's dispenser + tea thing, if I want pep anyway. Adding thermos to Christmas/Birthday list. It's not too early to think about it? Naaah.

Had to wait to be let in by some hapless stranger. Didn't have to wait all that long. Some AI kids let me in. Had some udon and egg for dinner. The Internet went down so Katie and I watched Showgirls. That movie is weird. All the dialogue is bizarre, the character interaction doesn't make sense, the dancing is so jerky, and through no matter what ever girl had a full cake of makeup on. It was fun but weird. The net was back when it was done.

No comments: