hi

hi

Thursday, October 1, 2009

nap in lap, what a sap!

Uhg bleg. Another late night. Thankfully I get out of bed in 8 hours instead of 5.

History of Laughter: we talked about how to read Chaucer in Olde English. Watched a little stand up segment of Zach Galifinakis. Looked at one of the MFA's installations. She had it specially set up as by invite only. And only women were allowed in the room to view the installation. Which was a compilation of Youtube videos of women laughing.

We gave our little performances about Durer's The Sea Monster. We had to write something creatively that analyzed the piece. I went first with my short rhyme about a man with a shell with a belle under a spell and towers that over power dour flowers. Eva wrote a song and performed with her piano. Antonia had a great myth about Lazlo. Robin's longer poem about sea merchants was nice. Daniel had a short play about being glad your wife was taken by a sea monster. It was fun.

Diana and I went to Cha Cha Cha for lunch. I ate half my burrito and that burrito half will be consumed tomorrow for lunch. We both were so happy to find that neither of us liked Lost in Translation. We spent some time naming directors and trying to think of other female directors. Ones that are actually good. Ravenous was directed by a lady, there is Mary Harron, and Kathryn Bigelow. I'm sure it is the type of thing that we don't realize there are so many female directors as we don't pay attention to directors of movies we are seeing for reasons other than the director.

Rest of class covered the art of Durer's contemporaries. I started to nod off. I didn't have any tea in me. I never fully fell asleep but I nodded and nodded. I felt bad about it because I really love this class. Afterwards I took a nap in the library. A two hour nap. I woke up disoriented and really confused and rambled to some poor guy about having to go somewhere. I was almost out of the library when I finally got it together and knew that it was 5:30 and yoga wasn't for a while.

I checked out Aesterios Polyp and read a few more chapters.

I didn't have as great as focus for this yoga session. I do feel my strength returning though. I'm getting better and more bendy. We did the grab-each-other's-ankles thing again.

I got home. Ate some pasta. Wrote out some stuff about Trobrianders, Amish Youth Subculture, and Yanomami. I settled on the Amish and the Trobrianders and created some thumbnails. Actually, several of the ideas and concepts I am digging. Which ever way it goes, I think I'll have fun. I'm coming to class with research and I am ready to go.

No comments: