hi

hi

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

my figure model got jets

Instead of blogging tonight, I thought I would just post a photo montage that from which you will interpret how my Tuesday went:



.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.

Just kidding, here's my day:

As we are working on our midterm we went straight into drawing with minimal lecture. Morgan talked to us about embracing reality and how solid contours are not embracing reality. He suggested thinking about where to place a heavy contour and where to place a light one and told us to break contours when needed. Our model then took a nap and we drew her for what was initially 30 minutes and then became one hour. About half way through I had to draw the back and head lower but I was fine with that. Last year I would have left it but now, well, I am doing so many pieces that I might as well change it to better myself. In the end, my drawing was one of the best I have done all semester and it really shows the changes and growth I've shown. I was like, "Whooo!" when I was done. A little disappointed that it didn't make it onto the hall wall for our class, but oh well.

History of Design was History of Design. Again. Well actually, I think she did a better job talking about artists and showing us quality examples instead of talking about sites. Then again she did say, "It doesn't get any better than this!" about six times and was corrected about her history I think about three times. Most notably was Daniel correcting her about when Uncle Sam was created. I drew a girl with a jetpack that was inspired by a haiku I wrote during the final 10 minute freestyle of figure drawing.

Student council, oh boy. Just one big debate. I don't even want to get into it. Outside of the fact that people really need to know that the rules have changed now that we have 1500 instead of 15,000 to spend.

Painting was a little critique with a cool demo about wiping and flicking paint. My piece was way over worked and didn't look like much at the end, but still I tried and at one point it looked okay. My stomach was wonky all day. We got out a little early, and by that I mean everyone started packing up early for whatever reason. But we were mostly done anyway. Err. Yeah. I'm not really feeling my poetry compositions. Sure I can make them a challenge. Erm yeah, I'm in a weird art funk right now.

Cut up and taped off my bristol paper for my illustration assignments. It is a smaller area that we are working in that I originally thought.

Picked up the fifth and final season of the Wire. Watched the new Heroes. It doesn't bode well when Sylar is really awesome and everyone else is rather lame. Peter is going crazy so many that will end up cool. Bubbles from the Wire was on Heroes, but I don't think he will be coming back, which is sad because he is a great actor.

No comments: