hi

hi

Monday, June 2, 2008

big days

My last night home. The next time I sleep, it will be in Abba Hotel.

This morning we tried to book a Holiday Inn room in Brussels but had no luck. There was sort of a room at the airport hotel but that would have been really bad and way far from the city.

Today mom and I visited the Grandparents.

First up was the Grandparents Pedersen. Grandma came down stairs as we were milling around in the house. We hugged and talked for a bit and I left to go visit Kirie and Celia.

I stopped by Celia's to see her new place. I called out and heard her but didn't see her. Since I couldn't locate her, and she stopped responding, I went to Kirie's.

Kirie had a faboo new cut. We sat out on the porch and talked while the dogs climbed all over me. Lovely day at Pulali.

Upon return to Celia's we found her. She gave me a big hug and cried a little, which got me crying a little as well. Sometime's it suddenly hits you how much you have missed your family. She also had a faboo haircut (it was done at the same time as Kirie). The cabin looks great. The downstairs in cozy. The kitchen looks great. She has a great sense of space. She will get the house in shape and the gardens will be of the same old grandeur she always creates.

Celia and I ate chips and sat on a bench looking out at the Puget Sound.

When we arrived back at the Grandparents, food was out on the table. Salmon, boiled veggies, and not boiled carrots. A nice little simple supper. Perfect for my tastes! Grandpa joined us. After we finished and mom broke out the rhubarb crumble, Kirie came over. When all the food was consumed and the dishes were put away, I put on an art show!

I wowed the family with my progress in paintings. Ooohs and ahhhs were had as they beheld my skills. And the final portraits blew them all away! The prints were less impressive and things got a bit muddled when I tried to explain the processes behind them.

Things quieted down after the show. I chatted with Grandpa John about art and then at around 6:00 we left for the Spencer's.

With a handful of chocolate covered raisins, I showed off my paintings again with similar reactions as the first. I'm so proud of the work that I did in that class. We left a little bit quick as I had to pack.

That only took about an hour as I had a detailed list and only really had a small selection of clothes to choose from. My outfit is all picked out for tomorrow. I get up. I shower. I eat something. I leave. I get on the shuttle. I check in. I go through security. I wait. I board a plane. I arrive in Amsterdam. I go through customs. I get my bag. I hug dad. I enjoy Europe.

See you everybody!

No comments: