hi

hi

Sunday, September 15, 2013

kickin' up dust

Friday:

It ended up being a solo clean up day. Squeegees and floodbars? Check! Cleaning oodles of screens? Yup! Reclaiming and coating by the end of the day? Did that. Also burned screens. Listened to a good chunk of The Book Thief, which is a great book but also very depressing.

At home I itemized all that I had to do this weekend. I also arranged my car repair for Sunday. Hurray!

The way I planned what I had to do left Friday wide open, so I let myself relax for one more day.

Saturday:

Actually got up right between a reasonable hour and way too late. Had my oatmeal and tea. Then I ran my errands. Santa Cruz is so easy to drive around it. I'm in another gift exchange, but this one is one sided and for teachers. Specifically classroom supplies. So I swung by Staples. Then I returned home by car, and set out once again by foot for an art supply errand. It was a great day to walk along the river a little bit. I finished The Book Thief and started Reaper Man...which is an odd pair of books. I got some frames and a notebook from the art supply store, then a sandwich from Zoccoli's. I tried to sit in the park and watch the ducks while I ate it, but this wasp just HAD to get all up in my business, so eventually I was made to move and get walking again.

Back at home I took my art off my walls and took apart my bedframe. Tomorrow I want to reset up my bedframe in the new room, and move in a few shelves. Then I can start the slow process of getting my stuff over trip by trip. It shouldn't take that long. Then next weekend: my bed goes over and then I am out of this house. Though I'll probably make a trip for little things here and there. And help Janet clean.

Now my point of view is all weird because I don't have my bed and side table and art to look at.

We've been setting out things on the curb for free, and now this kid shows up at our door at weird hours and asks if we have any free stuff for him. We say we may put stuff out later on. It's odd to see what is a stereotypical "weird neighborhood kid".

Have a 10am appointment to get my car fixed tomorrow! And it's only about a 15 minute drive away, which is easy. No having to go up to some San Jose dealer or whatever.

No comments: