hi

hi

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

little sketches, saved for 70 years

Mom brought me breakfast in bed. Poached egg on an english muffin with melted cheese. Juice was on the side and the other half of the muffin toasted and buttered for consumption. She brought it in on a little tray, both her meal and mine. She sat on a chair in my room and I sat in bed and we enjoyed the little meal together. Mmm! She had work from noon till seven so off she went.

I sat out on the lawn and read and napped and read some more. Dozed for a little bit. Got some sun but nothing is burned.

I started reading Pygmy, the new book by Palahniuk. It is a little bit of a complex read because the main character doesn't speak good English and is written from his point of view. Still, very enjoyable. Lots of sort of demented stuff Palahniuk is known for. It is half to be expected and the other half is enjoying that it isn't written like most of his other work (I'm thinking of Choke and Lullaby mostly). But still, I'm only 30 pages in.

Ma came home and we went to get Seabeck Pizza. A girl I graduated with was working there, still is working there. I think she worked at Seabeck Pizza when we were in High School. Forgot her name but she remembered me. Megan? I'll look at my yearbook later. Half cheese, half veggie. All thick and delicious. Mmm.

We went for the 3 days 3 movies deal at Seabeck Store. Tonight's movie was King of California, a tale of a young daughter and her slightly mental father and their connection. The dad was set on finding this buried gold and the daughter had to look out for him. It was a little slow but the cinematography was great. Evan Rachel Wood was pretty and Michael Douglas had a wicked beard. Not suggested for everyone but I liked it.

After dinner, Mom and I poured over some of Grandpa John's photo albums from the 40's and print portfolios. Just amazing. Every now and again was a little doodle or sketch of some long forgotten probably inside joke.

No comments: